Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New Curriculum is in

The smell of fresh ink, paper, and binding glue is in the air. Don't you just love that smell? That coupled with the smell of a pumpkin candle and cool mornings... ahhh makes my heart go pitter pat. I breath it in one more time and feel I just have to take a picture of it all. Well really just the cause of new book smell.  Can't you just smell the ink? Ok maybe I am overdramatizing it a bit, but any curriculum junkie can tell you that after you spend an insane amount of money to bring education to your home, nothing is better than seeing it roll in box by box, sitting there on your front stoop waiting to be opened like a Christmas package. Then you lay it all out admiring your new purchases forgoing the thoughts of the work that lay ahead of you.

The bulk that lay before me comes from Sonlight Core 2 accompanied by 3-5 grade readers. Just looking at the titles makes me want to be 8 again, however I do get to pretend as I intend on reading all the readers before we get started. I was quite pleased to see so many books that go with the time period we were studying so I had to take a picture of that too.
 
Posted by Picasa
I am thinking it is going to be an exciting year as we step back in time to the middle ages. Castles, knights in shining armor, vikings... oh the projects will be a blast. In the middle of it all I will try to schedule Mystery of History II so that we can intermingle church history with our studies.

Next is Math... may I just say BLECH...I am so very blessed that I have a math wizard as a husband and the daunting task of teaching mathematics lies on him. Oh he thinks it is great joy which completely baffles me. Of course he doesn't understand my excitement in history so I guess we are even. We ordered Right Start Level C and even though I am not a Math Wizard... I think it will be great for dd who is already picking up multiplication. Oh to be young and to actually have paid attention in Math Class.

In the back of the first picture is Bible Study Guide for All Ages. I am impressed with what I see. It looks pretty simple to implement and I can send dd on her own after we all gather and read through the scriptures. Then Little Dora and I can sit down and play Bible Games that I had long forgotten about. Someday I might get organized so that I gems like these don't get forgotten. But that will have to be put off another day. Now I must go finish Ancient studies so that we can move onto the Middle Ages.

No comments: