Thursday, October 25, 2007

Living With a Two Year Old

I just had to post a second time today. I will preface this story with saying... I have a temper. I get it from my mom who gets it from her dad who I assume gets it from his mom. Needless to say, I come from a long line of temper tantrum oriented people. This curse does not stop with me. My oldest has a temper. My 2 year old has a temper. Oh I know about 2 year old tempers; I have seen them. But Bubba takes the cake. He will bang his beautiful, porcelain forehead on hard concrete to make his point (and cry all the harder because he hurt himself). He will take a bull run at the sliding glass door if he isn't getting let in. Nothing deters this child when he is at his finest.

Well today, I guess, was his finest. Pappa wasn't letting him in. Mamma was no where to be found. And his cries for help were going unnoticed by the world. So he took a handful of rocks and launched them at the door. What happens when you normally launch rocks at a door. Well I would think just a scratched up door. But Oh no, Bubba must have weakened the glass from his previous bull runs that he does this to the door:



Now Bubba didn't create the hole. The glass started bowing out, so Techie Guy started to clean it up before I could get pictures. Like this one:


Yeah you did that Bubba. Nice Work!


How do you clean up bulging shards of glass.... SHOP VAC.... Gotta love the Shop Vac:



After the steam stopped rolling out of my ears, and my eyeballs returned to their proper place, I realized this was a perfect opportunity to practice my Macro shots. Might as well make that glass of lemonade half full right? So here they are:



and this one:



and this one (I love the glow of the sun on this one... Look at how thick the glass is.. that was one doosie of a rock!) :



Cool eh? Well I thought so. Unfortunately I could not capture the sound of constant cracking, or the picture of all those tiny lines being created. May you never have to hear the music of a broken. double-pane, sliding, glass door. (By the way only one of the panes broke.)

So remember, when your children decide to take on such projects like impaling your door with rocks, dunking their head in the toilet, smearing unmentionables all over their crib, or drawing picture on your doors with permanent markers (not that we have experience with those here). Take a deep breath and grab your camera. As you are shooting remember the future and all the times you can use those wonderful pictures as blackmail. Yeah punishment ain't enough here baby... I've got a camera!


Goodnight All!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, My Gosh, Kim!!!!
God has blessed you with the ultimate patience PLUS a good sense of humor!!
Gotta love it!
Aunt Pat

TeachingMom said...

Giving me a 2 year old boy is teaching me ALOT about patience! I am still learning though!

Natalie said...

Came over by way of Pioneer Woman to give a fellow desert dweller who longs for green a hello!

I'm glad you could find the half fullness (I know not a word) in that situation. ;)

Natalie said...

Thanks for stopping by! How about these record highs? I worry that cooking a turkey over Thanksgiving is going to send my utility bill (AC) skyrocketing!