Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall Brings Cool Weather, Open Windows, and the State Fair

Well Fall has finally arrived here in the desert. Every year about this time high winds surprise us and we stand out at Homeschool park day commenting on the chill in the air and the wind that is bending and breaking some of our trees. It was just a couple of weeks ago we were still in the triple digits. Now we can open our windows, and freeze in the morning.

Friday we went to the State Fair. We had a great time. It was nice because it was "Education Day" and we got in 3 hours before the official opening so that we could go through the exhibits. There were of course cows, and pigs, chickens, and goats, and lots of roaming 4-H'rs. I remember days of county fairs where my sisiter would show her horse in 4-H. I have contemplated involving our kids in 4-H but I don't think our neighbors would appreciate live stock in the back yard. I didn't realize, till going through these exhibits, the diversity of 4-H. Crafts, sewing, photography. Gives a girl a lot to think about.

We did end up adopting a HUGE Dalmation

Because every little girl wants her daddy to win her a huge dog at the fair. This one took Techie Guy 2 games. The kids were so excited.

One thing I love about the fair is the colors. It gives the begining photographer a chance to take an insane amount of pictures of some pretty colorful things. Like this Merry Go Round. I just love Merry Go Rounds.. can't ride them so I take pictures of them.


Well for all the fun we had... we sure had a weekend of recovering. Especially from the food. Turkey legs, funnel cakes, cotton candy... my arteries were just trembling, but the fair comes only once a year and gives us a reason to take off school for the day and have a family day out. Nothing beats the amazement of kids at the fair.

2 comments:

Yehudi said...

What a cool blog you have! I was just wandering through and saw your blog, so I thought I'd stop and say hello! G-d bless you and your lovely family!
L'Shalom, Yehudi

TeachingMom said...

Thank you so very much! God's Blessings to you and yours as well!