Tuesday, August 21, 2007

So You had a bad day....

That song is ringing in my ears as I finish up this day. Yeah it was a bad day at school and our house has some illness going through it. Well illness... make sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

Just like in every endeavor, there are bumps... and ours was an 8 year old that couldn't focus, a 4 year old that has a persistent cough, and a two year old who thought it would be really cool to destroy the house after the girls of the house cleaned it. (And I am not exaggerating here... you should see my stairs LOL.) But all is well now. Dishwasher is running, kids are in bed, and I have a bit of time to do my own thing. All is not bad though...we did get most of school done; we just have to pick up extra History and Science tomorrow. It is also Experiment week for Science so that should be a lot of fun. I know Princess K is looking forward to it. I will have to post pictures once we are done.

Praises to the Lord as these times are great learning experiences. This becomes one way in which the Lord tells me to reconsider my expectations (often using the candidness of my dear Techie Guy). So now to look at what REALLY has to be done during the day (outside of school). I thrive on reading to my children and would rather be doing that than cleaning. But my type A personality seems to go crazy at an untidy house.... Sigh time to look at reasonable standards and accept when days are icky, we should just let the house go, read, and have fun. Unfortunately the house will still be there - messy - tomorrow.

I will praise the Lord even in my trials!

No comments: