Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fun with the Night Sky

I rushed home from Bible Study tonight in hopes to catch the moon eclipse. I was so excited that the clouds seperated long enough for me to try to take some pictures. Of course it wasn't until after the picture was taken did I realize that the knobs on my tripod weren't tight and the camera was slowly moving down. So the image isn't as clear as I had hoped. But at least I got something, and the kids got to see something they wouldn't see for a number of years to come.

Here is what we called the red moon


And the moon peaked out just a bit before the storm front came in.



So now there was no moon... and as I stood there, I notice that lightening was flashing all around me. Did I grab my metal tripod and run into the house? Oh no... I aimed my camera and tried to get one of those nifty photos we always see on the news. This is what I was able to capture. I am happy with my first attempt.




This last one doesn't show up so well in the blog. If you click on it you can see all of the lightening veins



Of course now that my camera is all unhooked from the tripod, and the memory card is sitting in the docking station, the sky clears up and the moon is in clear view. It is so bright I can see details with my own eyes. Oh well, it actually isn't completely full until the 21st. Maybe I will try to get a good picture then, of course it won't include the eclipse... I will have to wait till 2010 for another one of those. Hope you were able to see it where you were at.

No comments: